POSITION: Concord Community Music School seeks a part-time music therapist to join our growing music therapy team to build a client base and provide music therapy sessions and adaptive music lessons for clients with various needs.
- Provide music therapy sessions and adaptive music lessons on a weekly basis.
- Document each therapy session with clinical notes.
- Potential to lead group therapy sessions.
- Work with Music Therapy Coordinator as needed to support clients and caregivers.
- Attend annual faculty meeting and open house.
- Current MT-BC status is preferred, however those who are eligible to sit for the board exam within three months of hire are welcome to apply.
- Demonstrated proficiency with guitar, piano, and singing. Proficiency on other instruments welcome.
- Applicants should have experience with clients who have a broad range of developmental needs and be prepared to share examples of session documentation as evidence of clinical writing style.
- Effective communication skills with clients, caregivers, and colleagues.
START: As soon as possible
To apply: send cover letter, resume and 3 references by email to Kristin Selesnick, Director of Programs (email@example.com).
The Concord Community Music School is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Challenging, interesting and collegial work environment with excellent faculty rapport, dedicated board, and friendly staff, who are all dedicated to the mission of community arts education. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.
The Concord Community Music School is a member of the National Guild of Community Arts Education, with a mission of artistic excellence and access for all. More than 50 teaching artists work with 1500 students weekly, age 6 months to 93 years, in lessons, early childhood classes, ensembles, choruses and community partnerships with human service agencies, schools and healthcare providers. Faculty members, guest artists and students perform and present more than 150 public concerts and workshops annually. The Music School is a recipient of the NH Governor’s Arts Award for Cultural Access Leadership and the Riverbend Champions for Mental Health Award.